Red Hair Kit
Not sure what to do and a kit sounds like a good idea? I have you covered ;)
Natural hair dyes are translucent, so the final colour will depend on the starting hair colour.
The henna alone in this kit should:
- blonde hair: create a natural redhead colour
- dark blonde: light brown hair: heading into the richer reds / light auburns
- medium brown hair: dark auburn
- dark brown: henna might not be visible, but will create a red halo in the sun
- black hair: henna will not be visible, but it is a super fabulous conditioner!
*on pure white hair: henna alone will appear bright orange. If this is not what you desire, adding a bit of indigo will bring you to a red
* 200g Body Art Quality Henna - you choose the type!
* 8g cream of tartar as your acid
* piping bag
* latex-free gloves
In the "Special instructions for seller" box that comes up when you add to cart, please let me know what type of henna (jamila or rajasthani).
Rajasthani vs Jamila henna:
Raj is very stringy - not suitable for kinky or super thick hair
Jamila is very creamy & easier to rinse out
How much do you need?
1 kit = shoulder length hair
2 kits = waist length hair
** based on average hair. You may need more or less depending on the thickness & density of your hair
The best results come from dye releasing your henna with lemon juice (bottled is fine). The cream of tartar is your back up acid in case you don't have lemon juice on hand.